Many people know the use of dentures and their benefits, but they feel confused when it comes to selecting quality dentures for themselves. Some seniors are in the constant search for the best dentures for them, but some are not able to differentiate among the various kinds of dentures that are available in the market, thus end up choosing the wrong ones. One should talk to the dentist to understand the right type of denture that will suit him the best. Alternatively, one can go through the below article that gives an overview of the different kinds of dentures and identify the best one that fulfills his needs.
Different types of dentures are there, and people predominately use them. The following are the dentures that are described as below:
- Traditional/Conventional dentures: So, what are these conventional dentures? Well, they are complete dentures; hence, they are used as a replacement for the teeth of a patient. Thus, if a patient wants a total replacement, then it is a good idea to go for conventional dentures. Unlike the dental bridges, the traditional dentures can fit onto the gum tightly, thus allowing a better grip. Post the removal of a patient’s teeth; the dentist prescribes the placement of this denture. A patient needs to know that complete denture can be fixed around 8 to 12 weeks of the teeth extraction procedure gets over.
- Custom Dentures: If a patient is looking for more natural teeth, then the custom denture is the best denture for him. They are of supreme quality and costly dentures, but many patients opt for custom dentures despite its high price because it gives a natural look. Also, one can customize the denture based on the requirement and suitability.
- Partial Dentures: When patients have some of their natural teeth, however, most of it needs replacement, what does the dentist prescribe, in such case? Well, partial dentures come to the rescue and help the patient to retain their natural smile. There are two pieces (a base, pink in color attached with a metal piece) that help to hold the dentures inside a patient’s mouth.
- Immediate Dentures: Unlike the traditional dentures and as the name implies, the immediate dentures are placed in a patient’s mouth immediately on that day itself when the teeth extraction process takes place. Hence, with immediate dentures, the patients do not need to wait as the placement happens on the same day itself.
- Denture with implant support: The denture is supported security with a dental implant in a patient’s mouth. The implant is done to provide support, which creates a foundation, thus allowing the dentures to remain in place. These implants are natural-looking and usually lasts for several years.
- Snap-in Dentures: When a patient looks for stability, snap-denture is the best choice for him. Their stable nature allows them to stay tightly in place, thus helping in boosting the confidence of the patients. Dental anchors or implants are placed on the top of the teeth to ensure stability. They are quality dentures and are known for their uniqueness. When the patient is devoid of any teeth, during those times, the snap-in dentures are used.
- Over Dentures: Dental implants are used to place the overdentures on a patient’s teeth. They are generally placed on top of gums, thus allowing a stable dental implant. Depending on the needs of the patient, these dental implants are either fixed on the lower or upper jaw. As they can be removed easily, they are one of the most preferred denture choices of patients.
- Upper Dentures: When it comes to upper teeth dentures, the upper dentures are the most effective. A dentist usually advises a patient to opt for upper dentures if he has a missing tooth, thus allowing a natural smile. Hence, they are the right solution for a patient with a missing upper tooth.
- Economy Dentures: When it comes to cost-effective dentures, economy dentures are the best. As they are cheaper options, they do not give a natural-looking smile; instead, they look fake because they cannot be placed securely.
Therefore, a patient needs to make the right choice when it comes to the selection of dentures. In case, if a patient is still unsure, he must consult the doctor to decide what kind of denture can work best for him.
Former head of accounting at a tax consultancy firm, loves to spend time with her grandchildren and husband. Also a dog lover.