For anyone who needs correcting vision, the best option for him is to opt for a contact lens. They are the best choice for almost everybody who dislikes wearing spectacles or undergoing any eye surgery.
Some companies sell contact lens on discounted rates and even offer contact lens coupons to avail of the best offers and discounts. However, many people get lured with attractive discounts offered by the contact lens companies and even end up selecting the wrong lens for the eyes. However, one should remember that choosing the right contact lens is the most important thing when it comes to wearing a contact lens. Hence, this article gives us an idea about the contact lens to help build knowledge of contact lens users.
Materials Used for Contact Lens:
While considering the contact lens, the most crucial thing that one must consider is the material of the lens that is best for the eyesight. Usually, the contact lens is of five types, and they are described as under:
- Hydrogels or soft lens are the gel-like lenses, which are typically thin and easily fit in the eyes of most of us.
- The next one is a contact lens, which is made up of advanced material, and such lens are known as Silicon Hydrogel Lenses. This lens lets oxygen get through it very quickly, thus making it reach the eye’s front surface without any hindrance.
- Another lens, which is rigid in structure, is known as the RGP lens or GP lens. They are the gas permeable lens, and they are the best ones for correcting vision problems and astigmatism. Compared to the soft lens, the GP lens is smaller in diameter, and according to people using this lens, this lens takes some extra time to get adjusted to the eyes.
- PMMA lens and Hybrid contact lens are the other two types of commonly used lens materials.
Wearing Time: Well, now that we have learned about the contact lens materials, let us proceed with the wearing time of contact lens.
Based on the wearing time of lens, the contact lens can be classified into two types:
- The lens that we can wear the entire day is known as a daily wear lens. One should remember that this lens should be removed before hitting the bed.
- Another type of lens allows the user to wear it for an extended period, thus making it feasible to be worn at night for a limited time.
- The extended lens is also known as continuous wear, which suggests that this type of lens can be worn the entire day.
Replacing the contact lens: One should remember that a soft lens needs frequent replacement to rule out the possibilities of any build-up material and contamination of the eyes.
Designs of Contact Lens: The contact lens comes in various designs, such as Toric lens, Spherical lens, Cosmetic, and Multifocal contact lenses. All lenses are worn with a purpose and thus are frequently bought by customers depending on their requirements.
Features of Contact Lens:
Bifocal Lens: To correct astigmatism or presbyopia, one must go for this lens. They are the generally soft and advanced lens, thus allowing people to stay spectacle free even after forty years of age.
Dry Eyes: If a patient complains of dry eyes, then the same can be corrected by using a soft lens.
Colored Lens: Some people want to look stylish. The tinted lens is the best for them because it will help them to enhance their appearance, thus allowing the user to flaunt their new style and continue to charm everybody around.
Some other lens includes a prosthetic lens, unique effect lens, and UV inhibiting lens.
How to take care of Contact Lens?
People usually clean their lens with a solution that cleans and helps in the disinfection of the lens. These are the multipurpose solution that might not be suitable for many people because they contain a preservative. It is also important to contact the eye doctor and follow the instructions as specified by the doctor. When it comes to contact lenses, taking the utmost care is of prime significance.
Once the contact lens prescription is in place, the patient can go for a replacement pair of lenses that he can avail easily and enjoy discounted rates too!
Former head of accounting at a tax consultancy firm, loves to spend time with her grandchildren and husband. Also a dog lover.