It has been found that most of the US adults, including seniors, are on a constant attempt to shed weight every year. Experts say that by making some changes to diet plan, one can lose weight quickly. However, people get confused when it comes to choosing the right diet plan because of the availability of many diet plans in the market. Indeed, people don’t understand which one is the most suitable for them, thus end up choosing an unsuitable diet.
The following article talks about a few best plans that can help shed extra kilograms, thus ensuring overall development of health.
- Intermittent Diet: It is a common strategy often opted by people with which one can restrict intake of calories, thus liming it to around 500 to 600 two times a week. Some follow the 16/8 strategy according to which one can limit the intake of calories for eight hours a day. With an intermittent diet, there is time restriction during which an individual is permitted to eat, thus allowing a fall in the level of intake of calories. The studies show that intermittent diet is helpful when it comes to other health disorders, thus making it one of the most preferred diet plan options.
- Diet based on Plant: Many people are changing their diet plan, which is helping them to shed weight. Some plants based dietary options, such as Vegan and Vegetarian, are becoming very common among people as they want to stay away from eating the products from animals for maintaining good health. There is one more diet option called flexitarian that allows people to continue with the plant-based diet as well as eat a moderate amount of animal products. The vegan diet is one of the strictest diet following which the person is restricted from eating any animal product, such as wheat, honey, or dairy products. People are switching to a diet based on the plants because it has been proved to be effective in controlling weight gain.
- Low Carbohydrate diet: Studies show that people prefer low carb diets the most when it comes to weight loss. Some examples of this diet are the Atkins diet and a Ketogenic diet. As it limits the intake of carbohydrates and uses fat to provide the required fuel to the body, it can be instrumental and helpful in weight loss. Unlike any other low carb diet, the Keto diet uses the fatty acids of the body instead of carbohydrates for providing energy to the body. One can know more about this diet by reading books and journals.
- The Paleo Diet: This diet insists on eating fruits, whole foods, nuts, and seeds, thus restricting the intake of sugar, dairy products, processed food. If somebody is concerned about their growing belly fat, the paleo diet can be the most effective diet for him. Unlike low-fat diets, this diet can fill the appetite instantly, thus giving the individual a filling experience.
- Low-Fat Diets: The popularity of a low-fat diet is ever growing since ages. It is said, when somebody is on a low-fat diet, the fat intake of the body can be restricted to a greater extent, thus making it one of the favorite choices for people suffering from medical conditions like obesity. The ultra low fat or deficient fat diets can be more helpful for obese people. These diets restrict the consumption of animal products as they are plant-based dietary options.
- Mediterranean Diet: This diet involves the food which was eaten by locals of Greece and Italy. This diet is recommended for patients suffering from heart disease as it can control the risks; however, many studies show that a Mediterranean diet can also help control weight. With this diet, a person consumes a large number of fruits, vegetables, legumes, and limits the intake of animal products.
- Weight Watchers: WW is a popular worldwide program that advocates the consumption of food remaining within the pre-set points, thus attempting to reach the perfect weight.
In conclusion, it can be said that one can find several diet plans that can aid the process of weight loss, but one must select the diet after considering his/her food choices and lifestyle. Choosing the right diet can help an individual to stick to the dietary plan for a long time.
Former head of accounting at a tax consultancy firm, loves to spend time with her grandchildren and husband. Also a dog lover.